Catherine Widemire Photography's Fan Box

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Family Photography Fundraiser for SGWS!

I have always been a creative person and I feel the importance to share that with others. It is also our responsibility to understand the importance of schools that help develop our children into creative individuals. That's what Spring Garden Waldorf School (SGWS), in Copley, is all about.


Waldorf education started in Germany and focuses the education process using a sensory environment. In this world where the arts are being dismissed as unimportant enough to eliminate them from certain public school systems - Waldorf celebrates art in the everyday student experience. I challenge you to learn more about the importance of Waldorf education and the Spring Garden Waldorf School located right in your backyard, in Copley OH.


Unlike traditional parochial schools, SGWS does not have the parish funding to help support the expenses of maintaining the school facility, salaries and all that goes with a private institution. In order to keep tuition as low as possible, each year, SGWS hosts an auction to benefit the school and ultimately the children of SGWS. This auction takes place each spring.


I do not have children that attend SGWS. But a dear friend of mine has a son who does, and I have watched that boy grow into a young man because if his education at SGWS. That should show you how much this means to me in that I have helped by volunteering my time toward this worthy educational system.


Here's where I am asking for your help this holiday season. I am offering you, a $50 family photography session to benefit the 2009 SGWS Auction. This can be booked now thru the end of the year and just in time for the holidays.


There's no catch. It's all about giving. Happy Holidays! Contact me right away to book your session. Be sure to mention the SGWS auction to receive this special rate.

For more information on how you or your business can donate to the SGWS 2009 Auction, please contact Colleen Smith at sgwsauction2009@gmail.com. Thank you!

No comments: